The Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick suffer from an issue that occasionally causes the “Your Apps & Games” row on the home screen to either be empty or not be in the order that you configured. The issue seems especially common on the new Fire TV 3 right after you complete the initial setup process, where the row is completely blank. Here’s the way to fix this issue to restore quick access to your installed apps.
- To fix an empty or incorrectly ordered apps row on the home screen, go to the “Settings” section of the Fire TV and select the “Applications” menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select the “Manage Installed Applications” menu.
- Scroll down and select the “Appstore” option.
- Select all three options: “Force stop” then “Clear Data” and then “Clear cache”
- At this point, your apps row is likely fixed, but to be extra sure, back out to the main settings area again, select the “My Account” menu all the way on the right and select the “Sync Amazon Content” option.
- Lastly, it’s a good idea to restart the Fire TV by backing out to the settings area one last time, selecting the “Device” menu, and selecting the “Restart” option near the bottom.
- When your Fire TV restarts, leave it alone for about a minute to give it a chance to populate the Apps row. It does this by downloading information from your Amazon account, so, depending on what else it’s doing in the background, it may not happen instantly.